Friday 16 September 2016

Portballintrae Visit

I spent a few hours at the Bayview Hotel, Portballintrae, County Antrim, last night.

I had a Nero Wolfe detective novel and, of course, the iPad.

The Bayview Hotel is well established in the village and, in my experience, the staff are generally very welcoming and friendly.

Earlier in the day I'd been to the seaside resort of Portrush, in the same county.

I sought a full-size wetsuit and tried on one that fitted me like a glove, so decided to buy it.

Back at the hotel I was reliably informed that the healthcare company, Randox, is organising an event in a large field beside Bushmills, beside the river Bush.

An enormous marquee has been erected and I'm wondering if this would be an equestrian event, such as a polo match.

I motored into Coleraine, County Londonderry, this morning.

I'm fond of Coleraine, particularly the Diamond where the town hall is situated.

There's a very strong wind blowing today, so I may not christen the wetsuit (!)

No comments :