Sunday 18 August 2013

Rolls-Royce Phantom II


The BBC reports that the son of the first owner of a 1933 Rolls-Royce will finally see the car over seventy years after it was sold.

Gustave-Alain Miesegaes has travelled from his home near Geneva, Switzerland to attend a motor show in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, on Sunday, where he will see the vehicle.

Mr Miesegaes, whose father bought the Phantom II Continental when it was new, stumbled upon a picture of it on the show's website.

The car's current owner, Roger Head, has agreed to show it at the festival.


Mr Miesegaes said:
"Touching the car will be something quite exciting. I've only ever seen black and white photographs of the car until I found the one on the website. I always thought the car would be beige or pale yellow, and I was surprised to see its real colour which is a blue, light grey."
Mr Miesegaes father, Gustaaf Miesegaes, sold the car in the late 1930s.

"I have a few things I'd like to give to the new owner, because I think these archives belong to the car," Mr Miesegaes added.

The car will be on display at the Tewkesbury Classic Car Festival.

Mr Head, who bought the car about seven years ago, said: "He'll be impressed with it. It's in immaculate condition. It had a complete rebuild about twelve years ago."

No comments :