Friday 19 November 2010

The Queen Consort?


My attitude to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall has always been one of benevolence ever since she married the Prince of Wales. I am, therefore, pleased that Her Royal Highness might, one day, sit alongside His Majesty at the Coronation as Her Majesty The Queen Consort (coronations often take place a year following accession).

The official position remains that The Duchess of Cornwall shall become Her Royal Highness The Princess Consort, following Prince Charles's accession.

I consider Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, to be an exceedingly gracious, dignified, agreeable and kind person and surely it would therefore be appropriate, in the 21st century, for HRH to be crowned Queen in the fullness of time.

5 comments :

belfast cabby said...

Like yourself i am happy for Camilla to be Queen, the poor lady is often vilified by fans of Lady Di.

Sandy said...

Agreed. It is ridiculous that she should hold any less a position than Diana would have.
Charles should not be King however.

Irishlad said...

I wholeheartedly concur,Lord Belmont.

belfast cabby said...

Charles should not be king! Why because he's unpopular! There is no good reason why charles should have to forfeit his birthright

Mr and Mrs Y said...

I'm afraid I must disagree with his Lordship on this occassion.

I've never considered them truly married myself: Brigadier Parker-Bowles still lives and they weren't married in church (blessing marriages that the church doesn't approve of enough to carry out is a fudge too far for my liking).

According to http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100064426/camilla-cant-become-queen-because-shes-not-legally-married-to-charles/ it isn't just Puritans like myself who feel this way: but the law of the land also.