Sunday 28 November 2010

Christmas Market


I ventured into central Belfast this afternoon, where an annual Christmas Continental Market is taking place within the grounds of the City Hall at Donegall Square.

It was crowded and the atmosphere was cheerful and convivial, though it was slightly too cramped for Timothy Belmont.

Nevertheless I ambled right round the stalls and there were even marquees being run by such celebrated publicans and brewers as Lavery's and Hilden's.

I felt that the stall run by Rocket and Relish looked good, so I queued and ordered a Bacon and Blue Burger - char-grilled beef with maple cured bacon, blue cheese dressing (not Stilton which I'd prefer!), fried onion, tomato, alioli and rocket lettuce. It cost £4.

I sat down at a nearby park bench and happily munched away. I hereby proclaim that this was a very tasty burger indeed, succulent and meaty. The bacon was good despite a bit of fatty rind which I left. I was pleased with my choice. Rocket and Relish is the nearest food stall to the Donegall Square West gate, by the way.

Rocket and Relish operates a shop at 479-481 Lisburn Road in Belfast. They advertise a website, though I am unable to open it. They are on Facebook.

No comments :