Monday 11 August 2008

I Hail The Best Produce From Northern Ireland

I've said it before, and I'll utter it again: A lot of Northern Ireland products rank among the world's best. I shall tenuously raise the old head above the parapet and name but two.

Omitting home-made stuff, Country Kitchen's Select Coleslaw is hard to beat. It's as close as you get to anything you'd make in your kitchen. Try the standard or cheese variety. I love it.

Tayto crisps are an enduring Ulster success story. That mighty grocery bastion, Tesco, emblazons their name on the finest range, made by Tayto.

My blog is now open for more worthy nominations. Watch this proverbial space.

2 comments :

Stephen Barnes said...

Sumfing I only discovered a couple of weeks ago - Tayto C&O in the North is completely different to Tayto C&O in the South. Neither are my cup-of-tea really.

However, Tayto Salt and Vinegar.... so vinegary that your face screws up when you eat them. Delish!

Timothy Belmont said...

I've been nibbling away at Walker's Sensations recently :-)

If you like pickled onion (as I do), their caramized onion and something else I cannot remember is VG!