Monday 9 June 2008

Thomas Cook Airlines Inadequate Response

I commented, in a previous posting, about the delay in my flight from Tenerife back to Belfast, caused by the failure of its Captain to get to Bristol airport on time.

At the time I sent them an email. I've just received this response from them:-

"Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your recent email regarding your travel arrangements with us.

I am sorry for the delay to your journey home but I am sure you can appreciate the flight could not continue without the captain.

I do understand your comments about late reporting passengers but I am sure you can understand this is a totally different situation when relating to crew or flight deck.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us,

Yours..."


What a feeble excuse! I'd have deemed it more important that the Captain made it his business to turn up on time for a full flight.

It's not good enough. I'm not going to waste any more of my time or energy or money pursuing this issue any further. I suspected as much anyway.

No comments :